Are you creating your first ERM Program for your community bank? Do you want to ensure your current program is complete yet keep it simple? If yes to either question, this webinar is for you! Risk Management is at the heart of banking and every bank has to have processes, policies, and procedures in place in order to assess and manage the risks on their balance sheet. Marci shares the fundamental pieces of the ERM puzzle, how they relate to each other, and how to integrate your ERM program into the bank’s Strategic Plan. Having built an ERM program for a community bank from scratch, Marci describes the various components of a strong ERM program. In this educational session, you will learn how to put your program together using all the parts you already have in your bank. Marci shares how you can make the process fun and how your team will become closer as they work together with the common goal of protecting the bank’s assets while fulfilling your bank’s vision.
· ERM general background and key definitions
· How implementing an ERM Program can help Financial Institutions survive and thrive
· Identifying the specific building blocks/components of a simple yet complete ERM Program
· The three key ongoing Phases of ERM:
o Identifying and Assessing Risk
o Mitigating and Eliminating Risk
o Monitoring and Reporting Risk
· Creating an ERM Committee Charter and choosing the right ERM Committee members
· Integrating the ERM Program into your Strategic Plan
· Top Risk Categories and Definitions
· ERM Risk Assessment Matrix – Definitions and example
· Creating the Risk Management Appetite and Tolerance Statement – Description of Process
· Implementing your ERM Program and benefits
· ERM Program Flowchart
Who Should Attend
Chief Risk Officers, Risk Managers/Leaders, Chief Credit Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Compliance Officers, Internal Auditors, Presidents involved in the risk management process and their ERM program
Why You Should Attend
To learn what ERM is about, obtain tools and take initial steps to create a complete yet simple ERM Program in your community bank. This webinar will help your bank identify the key members of the ERM team and clarify the Board’s responsibilities versus the leadership team’s responsibilities. Although we will cover the ERM Risk Assessment, this webinar does not cover completing Risk Assessments for all the various areas of the bank. Increase overall awareness of ERM in your bank.
Key Learning Objectives
1. Increase overall knowledge of ERM and what it means to have an ERM Program
2. Understand the three ongoing phases of ERM
3. Understand how ERM is integrated into the bank’s Strategic Plan
4. How to integrate other ERM components into it
5. How to create an ERM Committee Charter
6. How to complete the ERM Risk Assessment Matrix
7. Benefits of having an ERM Program established
Enterprise Risk Management has been around since the 1980’s but it has now become more prominent in the banking industry due to increased global risks. Banks that have an ERM Program established are better positioned to grow successfully. The ERM Program based on best practices ensures banks have a strong foundation and solid infrastructure which helps them foresee and prepare for future risks while achieving their organization’s vision. In this session, we focus on assessing what pieces of the puzzle you already have and how to complete the ERM Program at your institution.
For more information and to register, click here.