Financial Institutions provide great value to the American economy. But that value comes with risks. Strategic-minded institutions do not strive to eliminate risk or even to minimize it – they strive to manage risk at the enterprise-wide level. These enterprises seek to manage risk exposure so that, at any given time, they incur just enough of the right kind of risk—no more, no less—to effectively pursue their strategic goals. This is referred to as “Optimal Risk-Taking.” This webinar will take you through a step-by-step process to develop Risk Assessments to address key areas of your institution. The presenter will share her experience in developing an enterprise-wide process to conduct Risk Assessments in a practical, sustainable, and easy way to understand. You will walk away with practical tools and examples you can implement in your organization immediately.
· Overall view of Enterprise Risk Management and key components
· The three key phases of ERM and how Risk Assessments fit in
· The Risk Assessment Process
· Risk Assessment Characteristics and goals
· What is a Risk Assessment System (RAS) and its relationship to CAMELS rating
· The top eight risks and other important ones
· How to conduct an ERM Risk Assessment using a Matrix – The core of risk assessments
· The various types of risk assessments based on the area of risk and what they consist of
· Examples of ongoing Monitoring and Reporting tools
Who Should Attend:
This informative session is designed for Risk Managers/Leaders, Chief Risk Officers, Compliance Officers, Internal Auditors, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Credit Officer, and the entire risk management team.
Why You Should Attend
To obtain a better understanding on how to create/develop enterprise-wide risk assessments and what the Risk Assessment System is about. To understand how the Risk Assessment System works together with the CAMELS rating from the regulatory perspective. Learn about how to identify unique risks to your institution that are beyond the regulators’ top risk categories. Learn about the various risk assessments and the areas you need to assess in your banks.
Key Learning Objectives
1. Quick review of ERM and its three phases
2. Learn about the Risk Assessment Process and key steps
3. How to identify and assess your bank’s risks enterprise-wide
4. Characteristics and goals of Risk Assessments based on industry best practices
5. How to develop appropriate Risk Assessment Criteria
6. Annual Risk Assessments recommended
7. How to use examples of monitoring and reporting tools
Enterprise Risk Management has been around since the 1980’s but it has now become more prominent in the banking industry due to increased global risks. Banks that have an ERM Program established are better positioned to grow successfully. The ERM Program based on best practices ensures banks have a strong foundation and solid infrastructure which helps them foresee and prepare for future risks while achieving their organization’s vision.
Risk Assessments are at the core of the ERM Program. Financial Institutions need to conduct Risk Assessments in multiple areas. In this session, we focus on how to develop strong enterprise-wide risk assessments.
For more information and to register, click here.