Below are some tips to help you stay in balance:
- Establish your priorities: This way, as you have the opportunity to get involved in new things, and before you say yes to new commitments, you can ask yourself the question: Does this new activity/task/commitment fall under my priorities in life? If the answer is yes, then ask yourself another question:
- What can I take out of my life in order to add one more thing? If the answer is nothing, don’t commit as this new activity may through you out of balance.
- It’s okay to say no: Learn to say “no” and be okay with that. You have the right to decline and not feel guilty about it.
- Make time to exercise: Walking is one of the best exercises there is and it doesn’t cost any money — only time. I love to jog but right now I’m choosing to walk with my husband instead. This way, I’m spending time with him and I’m getting my exercise done at the same time. Make a goal to exercise at least three times per week doing something you like. If you don’t make the time and schedule it, it won’t happen. We have to take care of our bodies so they last and we can accomplish all we need to get done.
- Don’t forget your friendships: Make time to call or go to lunch with a friend at least once a week. It is refreshing to go out with a friend and just talk and catch up with each other’s lives. If you don’t nurture your relationships, they will eventually go away.