Financial Institutions provide great value to the American economy. But that value comes with risks. Strategic-minded institutions do not strive to eliminate risk or even to minimize it – they strive to manage risk at the enterprise-wide level. These institutions seek to manage risk exposure so that, at any given time, they incur just enough of the right kind of risk—no more, no less—to effectively pursue their strategic goals. This is referred to as “Optimal Risk-Taking.” This webinar will first take you through a step-by-step process to develop strong Risk Assessments to address key areas of your institution. Then the presenter will specifically focus on three key Risk Assessments you must have as critical components of your ERM Program: the Enterprise Risk Management Risk Assessment, Information Technology Risk Assessment, and the Internal Controls Risk Assessment. You will walk away with practical tools and examples you can implement in your organization immediately.
This webinar is for participants who have a basic foundational knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management and are looking for specific examples on how to complete these three important Risk Assessments.
* ERM quick overview of key definitions
* Three Key Phases of ERM and how Risk Assessments fit in
* The Risk Assessment Process
* Risk Assessment System (RAS)
o CAMELS Rating and How They Relate to Risk Assessments
o Top 8 Risks and Other Important Risks to Assess
* Annual Risk Assessments recommended and Areas Assessed
* ERM Risk Assessment Matrix – Will complete several of the major risks
* Information Technology areas that need to be assessed
* Information Technology Risk Assessment
o Categories Included
* Complete example of the IT Risk Assessment using Template
* Internal Controls Risk Assessment
o List of Areas Assessed
o Categories included
* Complete example of several Areas Assessed using Internal Controls Risk Assessment Template
Who Should Attend:
This informative session is designed for Risk Managers, Chief Risk Officers, Compliance Officers, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Credit Officer, Internal Auditors, and the entire risk management team. Also, Board Directors who want to learn more about ERM and Risk Assessments, and Bank Presidents involved in the risk management process and their ERM program
For information on this Webinar and to register click here.